Sunday 15 June 2014

Holidays over what next

So 2 weeks ago I had lots of plans,
 tasks to get finished
 and an idea of what I had to have finished
before I went back to work on Tuesday.
 
And how much did I achieve - almost nothing - seriously how did I get it so wrong. 
 
So lets recall the plan
2 weeks off - 1st week no husband at home - get stuck into all the 'household' jobs
 and then the 2nd week to start sewing....
mm great plan - didn't happen.
 
First day - got hubby ready to go with his family to scatter his dad's ashes over on the West Coast of South Australia - its been 12months since he has passed - not been easy at times and we all miss him (you all know how we feel)
Second Day - no hubby-kids at school - what did I do - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
 - spent the day simply relaxing, had a haircut, watched chic flicks -
felt guilty but goodness it was wonderful.
Third Day - went into the Princesses classroom and took a small group of cooks for a cooking session - today we made pancakes YUM - just in time for recess.  I don't get to help much during term so was only to happy to help when I can - a mix of boys and girls - it was great to hear all of them say that they have cooked before.  Then headed up river to help out a new staff member with some training that was troubling her - then spent 2 hrs shopping by myself.  AHHH PURE LUXURY
Fourth Day - OK so today I started with the housework - cleaning kids rooms etc etc
Fifth Day - Student Free Day for all the kids - so 3 kids at home - plans to go to Adelaide as my brother was flying out to Brazil tonight to realise a dream and go to the World Cup.  So the kids made a sign, decorated it and off we went - a quick trip to a few shops - meet DH at IKEA for dinner and some essential pickups and then on to the airport - it was great to surprise my  brother - he had no idea YEAH
The funniest thing about this photo - didn't realise how tall Mr I'm now 15 is getting.
 
Then it was the long weekend - DH and I tackled Mr 'I want to do everything' and the Princesses bedrooms - aarrrgghh and at 7pm we had had enough - almost there but not quite - now we just have to do some robe shopping or make them ourselves but in my mind I need to organise their rooms and anyone that knows me will know how funny that is because I was definitely not the neatest of kids but I don't think I was every that bad.
Sunday and the day of rest - I headed to Nays Place.  Had some lovely visitors in the morning - Michelle and Sandra came to check out Nays Place and almost 3 hours later they left - no sewing, quick cuppa and lots of talking later - it was fun.  The afternoon was spent doing more in Nays Place with a few phone calls for some orders.  Sorting out Grandma's fabric to try and work out what I am going to do with it all and decide do I actually want it or am I just keeping it because it was Grandma's
 
 
Monday and the start of another week - and I spent the day with the kids - watching movies, cooking just a fun family day and somehow I'm on to my second week and what have I done - not much.
Tuesday - todays the day - I decided that I had to finish at least one project - Last year I started on the BH&G crochet rug from their June 2013 issue.  I was asked if I could help people with knitting and crochet - I would love to - I'm not brilliant but know enough to get people started.
So I started crocheting lots of hexagons together - not finished yet but getting close - totally stuffed up the pattern was suppose to be rows of 8 and 9 - and I managed to do 9 & 10 - so not as square but more to wrap around you.
From the June 2013 issue
And my almost finished rug and yes I know I have some blocks together.

So how did I mange to go about this - well after laying them on the floor so many times in the end I just grabbed a pile and started crocheting them together - they are suppose to be sewn together but I was being lazy- but in the end I just grabbed a pile sewed them together and then put row upon row - 2 rows to go and then another row of cream ones to finish and the tassel's and them I'm finished.
 
Then on to Wednesday - another cooking session with the Princesses class - another group of kids and chocolate crackles this week.  We had promised Mr 15 almost driving a new bed - when I came in one day to find his size 11 feet hanging over the edge of his single bed  I decided that perhaps we should be upsizing - dragged him to the guest room and asked him to lay down on the double bed and yep that's ok until he turned over and those toes are still over the edge so queen size it is and what did he want a padded bedhead - why - cause I'm always leaning my pillow on the wall and I've seen how you can make them on all those reno shows - doesn't look that hard - unfortunately to buy the foam and fabric I was looking at a trip to Adelaide so instead went to a local shop - they had a sale and found one perfect for a growing lad.  Then DH and I made a bed base that will withstand a tornado and any amount of jumping shouldn't harm it.
Day 2 and it's messy already - should have guessed and yes he's waiting for his quilt to be finished ;)
 
 
Thursday a catch up with a friend for lunch and a quick trip to Lyrup/Paring to pick up some chooks from the Glenview Poultry farm -  6 hens have come home with me - I was a bit concerned their combs were very pale but guessed they probably got cold on the trip home.
It was a bit sad to see them come out of the cage I bought them home in - watch them spread their wings and all bar 1 overbalanced.  They really didn't know what to do - kept them in the a smaller area of our chook house for the first night then let them out the next day into the actual run - had to carry them out - cant imagine what life these hens have lead.  The cats have also been investigating and the chooks don't seem fazed by them at all - one bonus about being caged hens they are ok with people - the kids are picking them up all ok.
3 days later and we have eggs - not in the nesting boxes but in the straw -
we found 7 eggs today
yeah thanks hens

Saturday saw us head to Adelaide for my Uncles 50th - my mum's the oldest of 8 and he is the youngest - he was 3 when Mum and Dad got married, so it has always kept me amused being his niece and only 5 years younger.  We went to the Rezz Hotel at Newton  - great food, great company and a fantastic night - drove into the driveway at 2am this morning.

Sunday quiet day, nanny nap in the afternoon and finished the washing.

Tuesday back to work - oh well - some new products arrived during the week so will post some products during the week - check out this page or my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nays-Place/545715882174375
 
Keep Stitching
Catch up again soon 


 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment