Wednesday 27 January 2016

2016 and its almost February - I mean seriously how did this happen.

Who else is having trouble believing that next week is February already.
 
 
In catching up lets go back to Christmas,
 
Actually my busy time starts in September as Netball and Football (Aussie Rules Football) Grand Finals are in full force, Little Athletics is starting and we start the barrage of family birthdays.
 
Even month from September - January we have multiple family birthdays chuck in Christmas and News Years and its go, go, go.
 
Christmas was lovely - all 3 of them. Unfortunately DH had to work on day shift and he started at 7am so we had breakfast and I cooked the kids bacon and eggs.  Then packed up and went to Nuriootpa to help celebrate Christmas with my family at my brothers new house.
They only moved in early October to their first even owned house.
 
The kids Christmas 2015
Growing up fast
 
We wined, dined, exchanged gifts and then rolled home.  Mum and Dad joined us and stayed for 4 nights.  Mum is still going great guns to finish her first quilt.  She is desperately trying to finish before a knee replacement operation late January (didn't happen but she is close).  Made the dessert with an ice-cream cake - the top photo was what I was copying the bottom my end result.  The kids loved the Neapolitan ice-cream cake - gummy bears in the Vanilla, Ripe Raspberries in the Strawberry and Clinkers in the Chocolate plus chocolate and lollies all around the bottom.
 
 
DH came home from work and whilst we didn't really need to eat for his sake we did - not his fault he had to work.  So out came the prawns, salads etc and I had made pudding so heated it up, made custard and kept eating.  So just wondering if everyone else did this.
 
Then another Christmas luncheon on the Sunday with my mums family back at Nuriootpa - more prawns more food and this time I made dessert again.  Chocolate Lasagne this time - not really lasagne just called that for all the layers - sounds sickly sweet but is really quite light.
 
I closed Nays Place for two weeks over Christmas and New Years.  The family went away for 10 days and it was lovely - we caught up with friends, stayed up past midnight on New Years Eve, then went to Orroroo to take the kids to Vac Swim - they have been doing this for some time now and love it - it was fantastic this year as they are being recognised by the locals and have been befriended.  The Princess is now being a penpal to one of the girls and they are making arrangements to catch up later in the year. 
 
The nice thing about closing is that all of the warehouses were closed as well - so the fabric has been coming in almost weekly ever since.  We order at least 6 months in advance you kind off forget what you have ordered and it just like Christmas all over again.
 
Christmas all over again
 
 
New Arrivals include
Still $18 per metre (for the time being)
 
Barbara Brackman's
Old Cambridge Pike

Barbara Brackman's
Old Cambridge Pike

Barbara Brackman's
Old Cambridge Pike

Barbara Brackman's
Old Cambridge Pike

Barbara Brackman's
Old Cambridge Pike

Barbara Brackman's
Old Cambridge Pike

Barbara Brackman's
Old Cambridge Pike

Barbara Brackman's
Old Cambridge Pike

Black Tie Affair

Brenda Riddle Windermere

Marvel Comic Strip
Dr Who Comic Strip
Dr Who Tardis
I also have copies of Gail Pans new book
Simply Christmas No 4 2016
$18 each plus postage and handling
 
Many of you would know that Nays Place started life as a shed.  I then spent some time lining the shed, building shelves and trying to arrange a place that I could start 'Nays Place'. 
When our local fabric closed down I then started ramping the fabric ranges up again. 
What this meant is that everything was thrown together with no real organisational skills and I tried to make it look OK.   This weekend I decided that I really needed to clean up a bit and organise my sewing area and the fabric. 
 
This is the end result - still a few improvements to go but it is getting there.
 
 
And I have managed to leave a little corner for me (and friends) to keep sewing and leave the lounge, fridge and TV for my sit and sew sessions.
 
 
I am involved with another little project for our local Rain Moth Gallery.  They are holding and exhibition in May to celebrate History Month with and exhibition involving knitting and crochet.
 
After the success of the locals joining me with creating poppies I once again accepted the challenge of helping 'Yarn Bomb' Waikerie with flowers, bunting and more. 
For the next 4 months I will be busy knitting and crocheting flowers, bunting and more. 
 Cant wait to see what the town will look like.

 
One quilt to finish and some books and resources to get inspired.
 
Stay stitching and stay tuned as soon as I get more fabric I will upload them to the Facebook page and Instagram page.
 
Keep Stitching and have fun,
 
Nay
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Great / big job well done :-)) next time I'm in SA we will come visit :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl anytime you are within cooee let me know I'll put the kettle on ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Nay, will you be running Cottage Garden Thread Club for 2016? If so, would I be able to order the March pattern/threads from you? Would also like to purchase some fat 1/4's of fabric range Old Cambridge Pike-in the tiniest flowers-purple & pink fabric & the cream & green fabric in the (blue,green,cream bolts)photo on your blog. Many Thanks - Anna (I am in Melbourne)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna you come through as a no-reply blogger can you please email me your details to naysplace@hotmail.com so I can respond direct THANKYOU

      Delete